Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Michael Carney
On Tuesday the guest speaker was Dr. Dana Williams. I knew before entering class that we would be learning about Research and Methodology: Inscription as a Liberating Practice. Before going to class I thought to myself what would this be about. I thought first research and then different types of writings. Soon I realized this was planned for helping us to help research and choose our topics. She talked and gave ways to research in a timeline event. Sitting and listening Dr. Williams told us about the independent discovery cycle or Awareness, Memory, and Vision. She went further in detail explaining each cycle and letting us think about each in our own perception. Next Dr. Williams talked about the goals as freshman in college and knowing the importance of research. Nest she went into detail about Primary and Related which are two objectives. In addition, she explained the main importance of research and taking the time to know that this is a key component. Also she talked about using research in solving problems and looking up answer for questions. Lastly she explained the purpose of advancing knowledge, solving problems, and inquire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment