Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tehran Almasi Reflection

Tehran Almasi
@02618922

Today's lecture was lead by Dr Dana Williams. Her lecture was on the process of research and methodology, which would be helpful for the group projects we had to do. I already had my own way about doing research for projects, but having an established professor give pointers on research was something I was excited about. I especially liked how she broke down the objectives. She also spoke on the fact that you need to grab the audiences attention. Its not just about spitting facts, there is a logical and precise way about finding the information you need. Its not just random internet surfing. The framework of the project is extremely important. The project should be organized in a way that the reading can follow with ease. That made sense to me because having to listen to a project that wasn't organized wouldn't be something I would want to sit through. Today's lecture was very practical, and I able to see the need for it right away. At the end of her lecture she talked about the purpose of advancing knowledge. This I believe is important in every field and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment